Are you visiting the Tampa or Orlando area and looking for things to do in Central Florida with kids? Maybe you live in the area as we do and you have yet to explore all the wonderful things Central Florida has to offer. We researched and prepared our own bucket list of area attractions that we would like to visit this year and share with you. With Orlando being only about an hour and a half from Tampa, all of these locations are possibilities for your family visiting Central Florida. Come along as we share our 101 things to do in Central Florida with kids.
**Activities are not numbered for ranking but rather so you know there are really 101 🙂
What Is A Must Do In Orlando?
2) Climb and swing through the trees like monkeys at Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park.
3) Learn the difference between an alligator and a crocodile and see them in action at Gatorland. View our family-friendly walkthrough of the park where we give you a glimpse into the rides, attractions, and shows here.
4) Visit artifacts directly from the Titanic at Titanic The Artifact Exhibition.
5) Visit Showcase of Citrus to carry home some sweet Florida oranges or to ride a monster school bus.
6) 3, 2, 1, blast off into a space adventure at the Kennedy Space Center.
8) Choose to believe it or not at Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
9) Stop by Fun Spot Orlando to make family memories riding coasters, thrill rides, and go cars-oh my!
10) Shiver me timbers. Grab your bucko and head to Pirate’s Dinner Adventure.
11) Explore a variety of animals or play in the tropical splash ground at Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens.
12) Choose between four unique airboat rides as well as learn about primitive living of the Native Americans at Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures.
14) Audobon Center For Birds of Prey provides you the opportunity to see Ospreys, Eagles, Kites, and Owls.
15) With water 68-72 degrees year-round, the free-flowing spring at Kelly Park is a great place to take your kids tubing.
16) Orlando Watersports Complex provides the opportunity to play at the aquapark or wakeboard behind a boat or on a cable.
Some of the most well-known things to do in Central Florida are the parks in the Disney family.
17) Grab your Mickey ears and head to the Magic Kingdom.
18) Head to Epcot to travel around the globe in one day.
19) Take on Everest or say hello to a variety of animals at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
20) Step into the movies or visit Star Wars Galaxy Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
21) Ride a coaster like raft or make a splash in North America’s largest wave pool at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon.
22) Beat the heat while playing at Blizzard Beach. *Currently closed for renovations. Scheduled to reopen 2020.
24) Yo ho, yo ho, the putt putt life’s for me. Grab your family and head over to Pirates Cove Adventure Golf.
25) You can’t come to Florida without visiting the beach. Head on over to Cocoa Beach for Florida sunshine fun!
26) RDV Ice Den provides the perfect opportunity to beat the Florida heat with family ice skating fun.
ICON park is a great place to spend the day shopping, eating, and exploring the attractions listed below.
27) Be amazed by underwater creatures at SeaLife
28) Take a picture with some of your favorite celebrities (made of wax 🙂 at Madame Tussauds Wax Museum.
29) Soar to new heights while taking in a beautiful view of Orlando on The Wheel.
30) Orlando Star Flyer will bring you 450 in the air and then swing you around at 45 mph.
Universal Studios Resort is full of amazing attractions, shows, and restaurants.
31) Take a ride with Woody Woodpecker or ET at Universal Studios Florida.
32) Universal Studios Islands Of Adventure allows you to play alongside Harry Potter, Dr. Seuss, and your favorite superheroes.
33) Splish, splash, and slide at Universal Studios Volcano Bay.
34) End your perfect day at the parks with an evening you’ll never forget at Blue Man Group.
35) With two interactive 18 hole course to choose from, your family is sure to have fun at Hollywood Drive-In Golf.
37) Let Orlando Balloon Rides help you float up above Orlando in a hot air balloon.
38) Crave your sweet tooth and learn more about chocolate at Chocolate Kingdom.
39) At Wild Florida you can take an incredible airboat ride or cruise through their drive-through safari park.
40) Do you have the need for speed? Then Andretti Indoor Karting & Games is the perfect place for you and your kids to ride.
41) With a variety of excursions to choose from, Paddleboard Orlando is a great place to canoe, kayak, or paddleboard.
42) If your family loves to take on challenges together head on over to Escapology Orlando to try your hand at an escape room.
43) Officially opening April 17, 2020, experience the beauty, artistry, and animation in the newest Cirque show: Cirque du Soleil: Drawn To Life.
44) Shop, eat, or play as you take in all that Disney Springs has to offer.
45) Get personal interaction with everything from sloths, sheep, kangaroos, and more at Exotic Animal Experience In Orlando.
46) If you would love to experience the feeling of flying then IFLY Orlando is for you.
47)Combining education and entertainment, Wonderworks Orlando is fun for the whole family!
48) At Discovery Cove you can swim with the dolphins in this all-inclusive, family-friendly resort.
49) Head on over to Cape Canaveral and hop on your favorite family-friendly cruise.
50) Whether you enjoy swimming, kayaking, or want to give a try to paddleboarding, Wekiva Island has something for everyone in the family.
51) Explore caves, waterfalls, and rocky summits as you play miniature golf at Congo River Golf Orlando I-Drive.
52) With the best of both worlds, Sea World is an excellent place to learn more about sea life and experience adventure rides.
53) Bring the whole family for a clear kayak tour from a variety of locations around Orlando with Get Up and Go Kayaking.
Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater things to do
54) Visit exotic gardens and see beautiful flamingos at Sunken Gardens.
56) Enjoy a 2.5 guided zipline tour overlooking the wildlife and waters of Bayou Wilderness at Empower Adventures Tampa Bay.
57) Explore the unique artistry of the internationally renowned Howard Solomon at Solomon’s Castle.
58) Grab your cell phone and your family and get ready to learn more about the city of St. Petersburg with the Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure.
60) Take a stroll through the 1.5-acre sanctuary which is home to nearly 100 permanently disabled birds at the Seaside Seabird Sanctuary.
61) The Florida Aquarium is the perfect place to learn more about sea plants and animals from around the world. See our visit to the aquarium above.
62) Be sure not to miss the free TECO Cable Car Ride located right outside the Florida Aquarium.
63) Step back in time as you walk aboard and explore the SS American Victory.
64) As the only dairy farm open to the public in Florida, Dakin Dairy Farm is a must-see for all families.
65) Big Cat Rescue is one of the largest accredited sanctuaries in the world and you can choose from a variety of tours that they offer.
66) As a hands-on real working game farm and wildlife preserve, Giraffe Ranch is the perfect place to learn about exotic animals from an expert guide.
68) Make sure to make a splash at Tampa’s biggest waterpark, Adventure Island.
69) Escape to nature on a canoe ride down the Hillsborough River with Canoe Escape.
70) Learn about stories and personalities of Florida’s past at the Tampa Bay History Center.
71) Play and discover through amazing hands-on exhibits at Glazer Children’s Museum.
72) Visit Winter from Dolphin Tale or the other fun aquatic animals on display at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium.
73) A day visiting animal friends at the Zoo Tampa is always a family favorite.
74) Take a self-guided or guided tour of crocodiles and other reptiles at Crocodile Encounters.
75) Learn more about the history of John Ringling and “the greatest show on earth” at The Ringling.
76) With a variety of offerings for train lovers, Florida Railroad Museum is a great place to experience family fun.
77) Imagine, play, and explore with hands-on activities at Great Explorations Children’s Museum.
79) Experience the excitement of your child catching a large fish with Poseidon Charters.
80) Located in both Tampa and St. Pete, you can climb to new heights at Vertical Ventures.
81) Ride the world-famous glass bottom boats at Silver Springs State Park.
82) Grab your best golf swing and head on over to Top Golf for some family fun.
83) Take a paddleboard tour through the mangrove or downtown Tampa with Urban Kai Stand Up Paddleboards.
Things To Do In Lakeland/Winter Haven and Surrounding Areas With Kids
85) Common Ground Park in Lakeland is the perfect free activity to get the wiggles and giggles out.
86) Grab the cable and try out wakeboarding, water skiing, or kneeboarding at Elite Cable Park in Auburndale.
87) Step back in time as you catch a recent movie release at Silver Moon Drive-In.
88) Florida Childrens Museum (formerly Explorations V Children’s Museum) is a great way to spend your day in Lakeland. Located in the beautiful Bonnett Springs park, your children will really enjoy using their imaginations as they explore all the museum has to offer. Check out our Youtube video below for a full tour.
89) If you have dinosaur lovers in your family or you want to learn more be sure to plan to visit Dinosaur World.
90) Looking for an authentic Florida experience? Stop by Ridge Island Groves where you can tour the groves, pick your own orange, and try some of their yummy treats.
91) For a free and fun outing head to the Mulberry Phosphate Museum where you can learn more about the phosphate industry and dig for your own fossils and shark teeth.
92) Looking for another free activity that will get you out in nature? Circle B Bar Reserve is an excellent place to learn, play, hike, and see some amazing wildlife-like giant gators!
93) One of Florida’s most unique family attractions, at Weeki Wachee Springs State Park you can take a boat tour, see the famous mermaids, or swim in Buccaneer Bay.
94) Take a picnic, take a hike, or just stand and marvel at the amazing Bok Tower .
95) You can learn more about the process an orange takes as it is made into orange juice and sample some tasty drinks at Florida Natural Visitor Center.
96) If you’re in the area of Bok Tower you can stop by Spook Hill and experience an optical illusion with your car.
97) Take me out to the ballgame. Catch the Detroit Tigers during their spring training in Lakeland.
98) If traveling along I-4 through Plant City, you want to be sure and stop at Parksdale Farms for mouthwatering strawberry shortcake, strawberry shakes, and loads of fresh produce.
99) Whether you Sea doo, flyboard, or learn to ski, there is something for everyone in the family at Winter Haven Watersports.
100) Visit the 260-acre wilderness ranch at Safari Wilderness where you can visit a variety of animals from the back of a camel, an ATV, or a safari vehicle.
101) Vist on a Saturday evening for their weekly rodeo or stay longer to experience an authentic Florida dude ranch with luxury glamping accommodations at Westgate River Ranch.
As you can see there are so many amazing things to do in Central Florida with kids. We hope you will have a wonderful time making family memories visiting these local attractions.
Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date on tips for visiting these attractions through our blog and Youtube channel. We would also love for you to share this article or pin it for reference later. Let us know any questions you have in the comments below and in the meantime. . . Stay Peachy!